E2E provided Project and Change Management services to Boral’s IT and Shared Services PMO. We increased Boral’s organisational change management capability through the development of a structured change management approach integrated into their project management methodology.
RSA Single Sign On Implementation
Boral’s managers and staff were increasingly frustrated with the number of passwords they had to remember. Boral IT selected RSA’s Sign On Manager software to address the business issue. Working closely with the software vendor RSA, E2E project managed the configuration, testing, piloting and implementation of the Sign On Manager software across the organisation.
As Boral was the first Australian implementation of the software this required close liaison with RSA USA as well as RSA Australia. Due to the nature of the software and its ability to impact staff’s ability to do their job, we developed and delivered a thorough Change Management approach. It included:
- strong stakeholder engagement
- managers championing the rollout in their business areas
- establishment of a change agents to support staff
- broad range of communications to support the staff
IT PMO Organisational Change Management Model
Boral IT has well established project management methodologies for managing projects of varying complexity and size. However due to a low level of Organisational Change Management maturity in the organisation many projects encountered major adoption issues during implementation.
The IT PMO Manager engaged E2E to develop an Organisational Change Management approach which could be scaled based on the size and complexity of the impact the IT project would have on the organisation.
The approach was incorporated into the IT Project Management methodologies ensuring that the IT Project Manager and Business Sponsor had responsibility for ensuring the organisational change factors were properly addressed throughout the project lifecycle.
Oracle iProcurement & Better Buying Procurement Project
E2E developed a rollout out strategy and then managed the rollout for an Oracle iProcurement & Better Buying Procurement project to over 700 users.
- Liaison with Oracle consultants and IT project team to ensure their requirements are incorporated in the rollout strategy, plans and support materials
- Development of a rollout schedule and plans
- Identification and the establishment of implementation teams in key locations throughout Australia
- Creation and rollout of a business implementation toolkit
- Training and ongoing coaching and support of the implementation teams
- Monitoring of the rollout to ensure the governance model and rollout methodology were adhered to and adjusted were appropriate